FVTU’s chapter building event under the organized direction of Roger Genske, Annual April Angling Adventure, was a great success in that many FVTU’ers were present; six TU Chapters were present, as was DNR and other fishers both fly fishers and spin-fishers.
The Driftless Angler provided pucks of flies tailored for the weekend at a 10% discount. Great food was had by all: Bob and Mark organized the main dishes pulled pork, beans etc. Dick’s yellow tail fish and Al’s carrot cake was awesome. Many attendees brought other food items.
Awards were organized and awarded by Roger, Jeff and Tamara at the evening campfire. The awardees are:
- Al Johnson – the Most Trout award, 33 Browns caught on the S Br. Bad Axe on Pink Squirrels– Fishing Hat with sun shield donated by Nate. (Al got sunburned);
- Dan Geddes- 2nd Most Trout (18)- on black and silver spinners, S Br of Bad Axe and Big Green; awarded The Perfect Tackle box (for our spin fisherman);
- Nate Ratliff- Most Variety of species and largest Brookie (11 in. on Pink Squirrel)-Billings Cr.; VHS tape of How to Catch Trout for Beginners;
- Graeme Hodson- Largest Trout. 16” Brown on a Turkey Leach also on SBr of Bad Axe; Minolta Underwater Camera;
- Rich Mlodzik- Fisherman who went the furthest to catch trout; awarded the Zebco Fish Spotter (to find fish in WI); 12 Browns, 8-12in. and 2 Rainbow 12,13” on N Bear Creek Iowa on #16 Olive Sparkle Dun.
We all had a fun time and got better acquainted with each other; new FVTU memberships were also formed.